$70k – $170k
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) leads the Back-End and Front-End teams to manage, integrate, and develop necessary platform features and services.
You will be growing & leading our team of engineers to create milestones, a product road-map, and a scalable product.
If you have the desire to help us solve the problems of on-campus loneliness, dropping out, and youth mental health we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Flurrish's clients
- Continue integrating our React Native front-end with our AWS Appsync, Amplify beck-end
- Take the lead on all the tech initiatives & lead sprints and daily standups
- Work closely with the executive team to implement the most optimal technology roadmap in line with the overall strategic objectives of Flurrish
- Interface virtually via Slack, email, and Google Hangout Meetings
- Work with tools including Jira, Slack, Gitlab, Google Docs, etc.
- Manage and direct the Back-End and Front-End developer teams
- Write clear, well-organized, and highly performing code
- Continue building, and maintaining Flurrish, using authoring and scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media
- Evaluate code to ensure structural validity, compliance with industry standards, and compatibility with all necessary devices, or operating systems
- Identify problems uncovered by testing and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Ensure top security and resilience of our systems
- Continue developing and implementing business logic & in-app analytics
- Help implement best practices for the management of a team of developers (i.e., continuous integration, agile development, extreme programming).
- 5+ years working as a full-stack developer
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native
- 2+ years leading a tech team
- An understanding of AWS Appsync, Amplify or the desire to learn it inside and out from an AWS Expert
- Experience scaling a startup
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Professional written and spoken communication skills in English
Knowledge of Typescript
- AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
- Knowledge of GraphQL and AWS AppSync
- Knowledge of Dymano DB and non-relational databases
- Extensive knowledge of GraphQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience releasing applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
If you have no problem building the plane mid-flight, if you like the idea of decreasing drop-out rates, loneliness, and suicide on campus, if you honestly think you have what it takes to change the world — let us know; we’re looking for you.